Publishing a job should be an easy and seamless experience! To make it even easier, we made a video showing you how it’s done. We'll also explain this step-by-step below.
The first step of publishing a new job is to add the position in your Teamtailor account. Do so by going to Jobs -> + New job.
1. Job posting
Title and Description
Start by adding the positions Title and Description. Use headers, lists, add gifs, videos, and images. Be creative and have fun!
Then, add a pitch to the job. This will be displayed at the very top of your ad, so make sure to tell your candidates why your they should apply for your job over your competitors.
Department, Role, and Location
Assign the position to the related Department and Role to make it easier for your candidates to find and identify with the position. Then, let your applicants know where the position is located, by adding the Location.
These settings will help your Connected candidates to make more specific profiles, ensuring the quality of your candidate bank.
Colleagues are iiiimportant, to say the least! Show your applicants their potential future work friends by adding Colleagues. These people will be presented in the job posting. You add them by just clicking on their names.
The people of your ad will be presented like this (the Recruiter is the Contact, and the colleagues under Some of your colleagues:
Apply button text
You can add a custom Apply button text, meaning the text stated on the apply button the candidates follow to submit their application. Why not make applying less frightening by saying Apply in 30 sec or Apply without CV?
All jobs will have it's own Cover area to visualize the job posting. Decide which picture to use for this. Make sure the resolution is as high as possible. We support the common file formats, such as .jpg, .tif, .gif, and .png.
❗️The field Title and Description are required to be able to Save
Next step: Application
The next step is to form the application to make sure you get the necessary information from the your candidates.
Start by deciding what Personal info you want from the candidate.
Specify what information is mandatory and optional when the candidate applies for the job, by checking Off | Optional | Mandatory.
❗️ A lot of candidates apply for jobs on their phone, and since it's very uncommon to carry an updated CV on you phone, they'll receive an email afterwards asking them to complete their profile with their CV.
After this, decide which Questions to add to the application form. Either choose between the questions you’ve already created, our make new for this specific ad.
These are the different types of questions you can create:
- Yes/No* - answer a yes/no question
- Multiple choice** - choose between several answers, you decide if multiple answers is allowed
- Range* - select a value on a scale of your choice
- Text - write the answer on a multi or single line
- Video - allow the candidate to record themselves answering your question
- File - need to see other documents, such as the candidates diplomas? Ask them to upload it in the application.
*the question is mandatory to answer
**the question is mandatory to answer if only one answer is allowed
Read more about Questions here.
Next up is the Auto messages, meaning the messages that's sent to your candidates, making your recruitment process even more streamlined.
You see two types of messages:
- Reply message - the message that’s automatically sent to the candidate when he/she applies for the job
- Reject message - the message you can send to the candidate when you’ve deemed them not fit for the position.
Choose to go with the preset auto messages, or create Custom messages to specify them for this ad, by simply clicking Custom Message.
Lastly - if you want to use an external applicant tracking system, enter the URL under Advanced settings.
Next step: Chat widget
If you want to be able to talk directly to your candidates, to not risk losing them between your job ad and their application, activate the Candidate chat.
The candidate chat is easy to set up and you can choose how active you want to be. Read more about it here.
Next step: Stages
Create the right recruitment flow for the hiring process by adding and editing the Stages for the candidates. We give you a preset process, that you can customize to fit your specific need.
For each stage, you have these options:
- Relocate ✊ - simply drag and drop the stage where you'd prefer to have it
- Rename ✏️ - give the stage another, better suting name
- Add Triggers ⚡️ - make the recruitment process more automatic by adding a Trigger, read more here.
- Delete 🗑️ - remove a stage by clicking on the trash can to the very right
Next step: Hiring team
Teamwork is dream work, so invite your colleagues and recruit together! 👯
The members of your hiring team get a shared view over the process and can review and handle the candidates for the specific job. Read more about Hiring teams here.
Next step: Interview scorecard
You're almost done! Just add the job ad's Interview scorecard, meaning the preset scorecard with the criteria you're looking for in the candidates that you can use for your interviews.
Simply use the criteria already added, or add new factors.
Final step: Publishing
When you're content with the posting, the only thing left to do is to Publish! This you do at the bottom right.
However, if you're not quite done with the ad, you can of course save it as a Draft and get back to it later on. This you do at Save draft.
Unlist the posting to make the job live, without publishing it on your Career site. No email notifications will be sent to your employees or connected candidates. You can also use the function to remove an earlier published ad, and continue working with the recruiting process.
If you for some reason want to delete the job, you do it by clicking Delete. Note that this action cannot be undone.
Bonus step: Different functions
After spending some time in the job editor, you might be interested in the bar at the bottom of the page. This is what the different symbols do:
- Add tags: Adding tags to your job ads makes it easier to filter in your job list, and allows you to group similar jobs together.
- Set publish/end date: If you want to schedule the posting, set the dates here.
- Pin job to top: Pin the job if you want your job at the top of your Career site.
- Publish as an Internal job only: Read more about Internal jobs here
- Link to preview: When you've saved your ad as a draft, you can preview it before publishing
You're done and have finished your job ad - go you! Let the recruitment begin! 🎉
And as always, we're only a chat away if you have any questions!