First, choose the domain you want to use for your career site. This is usually something like careers.yourcompany.com or jobs.yourcompany.com. If you have technical knowledge create a CNAME for that domain, pointing to ext.teamtailor.com. Also add a CAA record allowing letsencrypt.org to generate SSL certificates on your root domain.
All custom domain is automatically secured with SSL. This will make sure that all traffic will be served over HTTPS.
If you don't have technical knowledge (don't worry!) just copy and paste the following steps and send to the correct person:
- Sign in to your domain's account at your domain host.
- Locate the page for updating your domain's DNS records. The page might be called something like DNS Management, Name Server Management, or Advanced Settings.
- Add a CNAME record pointing to ext.teamtailor.com . You need to use the full address ext.teamtailor.com .
- Add a CAA (Certification Authority Authorization) record to your DNS allowing letsencrypt.org to generate SSL certificates on your root domain.
- Save your changes and wait until they take effect.
When the CNAME and CAA setup is completed login to Teamtailor and go to Settings->Domain. Enter the chosen domain to complete the setup of your own domain. We recommend you to have your company name as subdomain.
After you’ve verified the domain there may be a slight delay before your career site is secured with SSL.