The Teams feature allows you to organise your colleagues and grant access to candidates and jobs. Create teams for departments, roles and even focused to specific locations. All depending on your needs as a recruiter.
The department, roles and locations options picked for a Team, will grant the members access to the matching candidates in the Candidate pool.
Once created, Teams can also be used as Hiring teams for jobs, which makes it easy to later change team members for multiple jobs at once!
First, you need to create a Team. Let's get started!
1. Locate the Settings tab in your Teamtailor dashboard
2. Click the Teams tab under Applicant tracking
3. Having done that, you will see the empty Teams page. Click the + Team button to create a team.
Now you can move on to fill out the criteria for your new team!
Creating your team
4. You can choose the name of your new team in this field. In this example, Sales- Account Management is the team name so that this team will focus on candidates interested in the account management side of sales.
5. Choose an icon that suits the theme of your new team.
6. Here you can select the manager for this team from your employee database. The manager doesn't have to have any particular access level, so long as they have basic User Access to your company's Teamtailor account.
(Later on, this manager can be used as recruiter for jobs.)
7. You can add the additional members of the team here. These members will have access to candidates matching the department, role and location criteria entered next.
8. You can add as many members to the hiring team as you want and they don't need any particular access level other than basic User access.
Now to the fun part, choosing the candidate database access!
Selecting your candidate database access
9. Choose which candidates this team should have access to. Select a department first. You can choose as many departments and roles as you want. The options are limitless 😃
10. You can now choose to limit access to the roles from this department, or you can keep All roles. However, in this scenario we only want to grant access to the Account Manager & Key Account Manager roles.
11. We need to add another department to be able to add the second role.
Now that's all set up, it's time to finalise the process by selecting which locations to focus on. Selecting locations is optional and you can choose to include as many or as few locations as you see fit.
When adding locations, the team will get access to candidates only in these locations.
12. Choose from the drop down menu which locations to add.
13. If there were more locations to choose from, they can be added here. As well as removed. For now, Stockholm will be the location.
14. When you are finished with all the fields, you simply click save and you're good to go!
15. Your new team will appear under the teams tab under settings, where you can edit or delete it later.
Using a Team as a job Hiring team
A big advantage of using Teams is the possibility to use them as your job's Hiring teams. This way, you can centralise all access to jobs, and change multiple jobs teams and recruiters at once.
Here is how it works.
When setting up the Hiring team for a job, there will be a new option to pick a Team. By choosing a Team, all members of that team will become members of the Job hiring team.
Notice that the recruiter is now fixed to the Team manager. This way the job recruiter will change if the Team manager changes. So changing recruiter for multiple jobs will be easy using Teams.
You can also add additional users to the Hiring teams if you wish. There will be no difference in access for the Team members, and the additional members – they are all part of the Hiring team.
What happened to my Department hiring teams?
All Department hiring teams have now been converted into Teams. They are found under Settings, we created one Team for each Department that previously had a Hiring team.
By converting the Department hiring teams into Teams, you can now add more detailed candidate access to those teams, for example include access only to certain roles or locations. Follow the steps at the top of this article to update or create new Teams.
And that's a wrap! Hope this article was as enjoyable to read as it was to create it. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any more guidance on this feature. For now, happy recruiting! 😃💪