You can schedule video meetings with candidates directly in Teamtailor, without any external software required. In this guide you will learn how to create a video meeting through Teamtailor, as well as learn how this feature will appear from both your end and the candidate's end.
Accessing the video meeting feature
To schedule a video meeting, access the candidate card of whom you would like to invite to the meeting and click the calendar 🗓 symbol at the top of the candidate's card. Select the Enable video meeting option.
Please note that you need to have connected your calendar to your profile for this feature to work.
Setting up the criteria for your video meeting
- Create a name for your meeting
- Here you can write a customized message to the candidate or you can upload a pre-made message template
- Here you can add your colleagues who you would like to have at the meeting. You can have up to 4 participants in total at the meeting. However, only one of them can be the candidate.
Once you are done setting up the criteria for the meeting, simply click send.
Accessing and joining the video meeting from the Candidate's card
- You can see the meeting under the Candidate card whom is set to attend that meeting
- You can also join the meeting via the Candidate's card
Accessing and joining the meeting from your Teamtailor dashboard calendar
You can access the meeting via your calendar in your Teamtailor dashboard. From the calendar event, you can join the meeting, as well as cancel or edit the meeting.
3. You will see a screen like this when you go to join the meeting. You will need to allow camera access in order for the candidate to be able to see you.
What the candidate sees when they receive an invitation to a video interview
The candidate will receive an invitation that looks like the image below.
- From this invitation they can join the video meeting
2. The candidate will then be brought to this screen below, in order to join the meeting. They will need to allow camera access in order for you to see the candidate.
Please note! All attendees must allow camera access to be join the video meeting.
If you would like to be able to still work within the Teamtailor platform, whilst attending your video interview, you can do so with one simple click.
1. Click the sidebar arrow to move the video meeting to the sidebar, and continue to view your Teamtailor dashboard
It will look like this ↓ To move it back to the original view, simply click the back arrow button and it will return to the original video meeting view.
Below you'll see a table of the supported browsers for this feature. Make sure that you and your candidates use the feature in either one of these browsers.
Now you know how to create a video meeting. Hopefully this article was helpful for you. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org 😃